FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX370 Delay in Video Out

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clare Neff
HPX370 Delay in Video Out
on Sep 7, 2011 at 2:35:06 pm

Has anyone noticed a delay in the video out port while recording to a P2 card? We used our HPX370 to record a speaker while i-magging through an LCD projector and saw noticeable delays in the image on the screen. I'm thinking it's a down convert issue, but wondered if anyone else has experienced this...

Clare Neff
MultiMedia Farms

Return to posts index

Jim Brown
Re: HPX370 Delay in Video Out
on Sep 8, 2011 at 11:53:16 am

Don't blame it all on the camera, although some does exist there (probably 1-2 frames). In all likelyhood the culprit is the projector itself, anywhere from 2 to 8 frames depending on model and resolution you are sending it. Also, you probably had a switcher in line which can introduce anywhere from 1-6 frames of delay.

To minimize the delay, send the projector a video signal at it's native resolution. If it is not an HD projector that is probably 1024x768. Projectors are notoriously sloooow at conversion.

If you have a switcher make certain you genlock the cameras if you can. That will save a bunch depending of the model of the switcher.

Delays are additive to every component in the chain. You will have some no matter what you do. At 4-5 frames delay it will take a good eye to see it. 6 frames and anyone can see it if it is pointed out. 7 or more and the audience is annoyed by it. We make every effort to place imag screens to the side of the stage so that it is not quite as noticeable. The kiss of death is an imag screen directly behind the speaker.

Just some thoughts.

Jim

Return to posts index

Clare Neff
Re: HPX370 Delay in Video Out
on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:11:35 pm

Thanks for your response, Jim. We've never had this lag before - but both the camera and projectors are new. And it was more noticeable by us - the client was happy. I just wanted to find a solution before someone else sees it...

Clare Neff
MultiMedia Farms

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]