FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spanned clips

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Spanned clips
on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:39:50 pm

Hi

Ive seen quite a few comments on various forums about problems with spanned clips.Most do seem to be human error,and or wrong software.

Anyway my question.. is it better to avoid spanned clips if at all possible.. or given everyone knows what their doing.. its not a problem at all.. ?

Any standard procedure..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Spanned clips
on Aug 25, 2011 at 10:58:13 pm

[Robin Probyn] "Anyway my question.. is it better to avoid spanned clips if at all possible.. or given everyone knows what their doing.. its not a problem at all.. ?"

They shouldn't be a problem as long as all info is in tact, and by all info, I mean the full card structure, and really the single most important part after having all the video and audio essence, is that little XML file. Those direct the program to where the other part(s) of the span is/are.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Aug 26, 2011 at 11:57:32 am

Ok thanks for your time sir..

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 26, 2011 at 12:24:08 pm

No worries.

What problems were you expecting?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Aug 26, 2011 at 12:41:15 pm

Nothing really.. iam not an editor.. but just reading up on P2 it seemed a common problem,issue .. and i have had directors ask me to,if possible not shoot from one card to another.. obviously they have had some problems or heard about them as i have ..

Although it does to be human error,or ignorance at the root of these ingest problems..

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 26, 2011 at 1:29:02 pm

[Robin Probyn] "but just reading up on P2 it seemed a common problem,issue"

Hmm. It can only be an issue if all the data is not present, but that would be due to human error as you mentioned. If the span is for whatever reason missing, it's not really a big deal, you just won't have all the data. If the span is found later, you just bring in the other part of the span. It's no biggie.

I find the P2 format to be very solid.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 26, 2011 at 3:11:14 pm

I will second that!!! Never had a problem with spanned clips. It's all about the correct workflow.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:28:54 am

Ok thanks guys... was just a question I had been meaning to post for a while.. still on track to get the 3100 and probably a nexto for the down loads..

Big fan of shotput pro.. use it for nanoflash down loads.. but seems until a thunderbolt card reader ,too slow USB 2 on my MBP..

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]