FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 ch of audio on Panasonic AG-HPX500P

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Whittier
4 ch of audio on Panasonic AG-HPX500P
on Aug 16, 2011 at 6:37:47 pm

Im trying to use 3 lav mikes at one time but cant change the 25M REC CH SEL from 2ch to 4ch. The manual says "To enable four-channel recording...AUDIO SETUP screen must be set to 4ch" I can NOT figure out how to change it. The "2ch" icon is in blue and does not give me the option of changing.
ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated

Return to posts index

Brian Moss
Re: 4 ch of audio on Panasonic AG-HPX500P
on Aug 17, 2011 at 2:06:36 am

Dvcpro only supports 2 channels of audio. If you want to record 4 channels of audio you need to set your camera to at least dvcpro 50.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:29:28 pm

The HPX-500 supports 4 independent audio channels in DV, DV50 and DV100.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Whittier
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:38:57 am

Thanks for your prompt reply. My problem still isn't fixed. I was already set up in dvcpro50 and I cant get that to change either. Again dvcpro50 is high-lighted in blue. My current recording setting is set to 720p/60p but I went through and changed to all other settings to see if that would allow me to change codec but had no luck. I must be missing something, any ideas?
Thanks again- M

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 18, 2011 at 4:26:06 pm

In Recording Settings you should be able to select any format and frame rate (REC FORMAT). Only in DV do you have the option to select DV, DVCPRO or DVCPRO50. DVCPro HD is also known as DVCPRO100

In any HD format and frame rate, the camera can and will record 4 channels of audio.

Even if your camera is shooting in SD mode, you should be able to select between 2 and 4 channels.

To actually get four independent channels, you have to select the correct inputs and channels.
For 3 lavs, I would choose Lav 1-Rear 1 CH 1, Lav 2-Rear 2 CH 2, Lav 3-Front 1 Ch 3 and On Camera mic-Front 2 Ch 4.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Whittier
on Jul 30, 2012 at 7:18:23 pm

I know its been a good while since I asked for help with this audio problem and just wanted to follow up and let you know that NOTHING you suggested has worked. Very disappointed

Return to posts index

Grant Peacock
on Apr 30, 2014 at 1:10:15 pm

I see this old issue was never resolved. For some undetermined reason, my HPX500 is behaving in exactly the same manner as described by Michael.

I suspect that a change in another menu/sub menu has impacted the interaction with this submenu choice, but I cannot isolate the issue.

The problem - I also need Channels 3 and 4 active, but in camera menu, AUDIO SETUP > 25M REC CH SEL, the option to swap from the blue '2CH' to 4 channel doesn't currently exist. I swap between 25 and 30 fps multiple times per week, so I feel that something has inadvertently been caught up in this ongoing 'personality reset' for the camera. Darned if I can figure out what this would be.

Time for a factory reset on the camera?

Grant.

Grant Peacock
Grant Peacock Images
Washington DC
http://www.gpi.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]