FORUMS: list search recent posts

offload direct from HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerret Warner
offload direct from HVX200
on Aug 15, 2011 at 12:14:35 pm

This is an old issue I know, but I can't find the answer...

I usually offload cards to my old powerbook, but I need to carry only my camera and Macbook pro on a shoot later this week. How can I offload direct from my camera to the Macbook pro?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: offload direct from HVX200
on Aug 15, 2011 at 1:48:34 pm

You don't. Not without P2 card adapters. You can get the Panasonic AJ-PCD2 single card reader for $330...that connects via USB and is as fast as your powerbook.

You can also offload from the camera directly to hard drives. The manual shows you the steps for that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jim Carswell
on Aug 15, 2011 at 2:38:30 pm

You can offload directly from your camera to your MacBook Pro via USB or Firewire. You will need to go into your menus to setup your camera for either USB or Firewire. Than press the menu button on the back of the camera twice to connect the camera to the computer. An icon labeled No Name will appear on your desktop. Open that and then transfer the contents folder and last clip file to your designated folder.

This is all covered in your manual. Here's a link to an online pdf of the operating manual in the event you don't have a hard copy: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/PBTS/manuals/AG-HVX200APOpsMa...

Jim Carswell
Spyhop Productions, Inc.
Savannah, GA
http://www.spyhopproductions.com

Return to posts index

Gerret Warner
on Aug 16, 2011 at 12:21:45 pm

[Shane Ross] "You can get the Panasonic AJ-PCD2 single card reader for $330...that connects via USB and is as fast as your powerbook."

I've resisted for the same reason everyone mentions: pricey and uses up 2 usb ports but the AJ-PCD2 beats tying up my camera. Thanks for the reminder.

GW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]