FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spanned clip location

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Spanned clip location
on Jul 25, 2011 at 4:11:25 pm

The folks on this board have been very helpful in the past and I need some advice again. I will soon be shooting 8 hours a day, for five days, of presenters standing at a podium. I’ll be shooting DV. My concern is about spanned clips. This past weekend, I pointed the camera at a clock and recorded for 8 hours, stopping and restarting every now and then. To simulate offloading the footage in my hotel room at night, I used P2Viewer to create “virtual P2 card” folders. I made one folder for each card, copied the Contents folder and last clip.txt file to each one. I then opened Premiere Pro CS5 and brought each folder’s footage into its own bin, just to keep things organized.

What is obviously the spanned clip shows up on each card—same file name, same footage. Is this normal to have the same clip on both cards? For editing purposes, which clip do I put on the timeline? The one from card 1 or the one from card 2? Or does it not matter? They are the same clip, right?

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
Re: Spanned clip location
on Jul 25, 2011 at 8:16:56 pm

Perhaps I did something wrong on my first experiment. I tried another experiment. I know the spanned clip started on card 1 and finished on card 2. When I copied the data to folders on my hard drive--one folder for card 1 and another folder for card 2--the spanned clip ended up on the folder for card 2. Would that be correct?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]