FORUMS: list search recent posts

problems importing dvcpro hd to fcp

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Espen Storsve Grendal
problems importing dvcpro hd to fcp
on Jul 13, 2011 at 5:23:57 pm

Been shooting with my new panasonic hpx 171E, in dvcpro hd 108025p. when i see the files in log and transfer its looks ok, but after importing to fcp the pictures gets darker? anywone been out for the same and got a solution?

best regards, Espen

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: problems importing dvcpro hd to fcp
on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:28:02 pm

That's not unusual. Check outputs back to a monitor. Generally speaking it's the preview display that's off, not the actual footage.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Espen Storsve Grendal
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:01:39 pm

ok, but i use a laptop without external monitor, .mov files works great. only the original p2 files gets dark.
how to i turn on the preview display?

Espen

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:35:05 pm

Yeah but you're gauging this on your desktop in FCP which is just a proxy preview. What do final exports to full HD resolution QuickTime look like.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Espen Storsve Grendal
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:47:39 pm

exports looks great, only the canvas window is dark, like when i play from the timeline..
thank u for youre patience:)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:14:45 pm

Yeah- that's a long known display bug/issue in FCP 7. Unfortunately will never be fixed now that FCP 7 is end of lifed by FCP X.

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]