FORUMS: list search recent posts

720/30P footage out of sync audio & end of clip cut off

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Himmelblau
720/30P footage out of sync audio & end of clip cut off
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:52:26 am

Mostly I've been shooting in 720/30PN, however on my last shoot, I set my HVX200A to 720/30P.

When I transferred the cards into FCP, more than half of the clips had the audio out of sync and the audio was cut off at the end. However, the clips played fine in the Log & Transfer window.
When I trimmed a clip to 01:09, only 00:54 was transferred into FCP.

Luckily I only needed the interview as voice-over for the b-roll that I shot. Both the video and the audio played back in normal speed.

But for the future when I need the footage the way I shot it, does anyone have any ideas of what happened?

thanks,

Bruce Himmelblau

Return to posts index

Bruce Himmelblau
Re: 720/30P footage out of sync audio & end of clip cut off
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:27:46 pm

After further investigation, it turns out that the video was running about 25% faster than the audio as if it was recorded at 24fps and playing back at 30fps.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 7, 2011 at 5:00:26 pm

The clips played back on their own should not go out of sync. Perhaps you're placing them on a sequence timeline whose frame rate does not match?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Jim Butler
on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:49:12 pm

I realize this post is more than a year old, but has anyone found an issue to this? The problem we are having (and the OP is having) seems to be specifically related to the Log and Transfer process of FCP. The footage has no audio issues in camera, the L&T Preview or in the P2 Content Manager Playback window, but as soon as FCP processes the file the audio drifts and is truncated.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Bruce Himmelblau
on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:45:57 pm

Jim,

Are you running 7 or X? I think I was running FCP 5 back then.
Since I've upgraded, I haven't had the issue.
If it's a RAM issue, try restarting your system.
Or trash your Preferences - http://www.larryjordan.biz/improving-fcp-x-performance/

Return to posts index

Jim Butler
on Jan 28, 2013 at 7:06:11 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I found the solution shortly after posting, but didn't have time to get back online.

It's turning OFF the "Remove advance pulldown" option from the Log and Transfer preferences.

Hope this helps someone in the future. We wasted a lot of time trying all kinds of different things.

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]