FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF files off recovered P2 footage are divided

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donald Warren
MXF files off recovered P2 footage are divided
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:05:59 pm

Need help. My DIT was copying P2 files from one drive to another when he stopped the copy process midstream. All my footage disappeared. Tried recovery software. Finally had to send the drive to a recovery service. They recovered the files but I have found an problem in the MXF structure. Looks like, when the footage was recovered on their server, the MXF files were subdivided in the video folder of each of my P2 cards. Instead of one MXF file titles 003X I now have three files titled 003X, 3X-01, 3X-02, etc. Now when I try to import the footage I get part of the footage to import but at a certain point I get a freeze frame. The audio keeps playing but the video freezes. I suspect that I need to somehow get the subdivided MXF files stitched back together. Any thoughts on how I can do this? Is there a way to rebuild the database or finalclip file to make these clips transfer? Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: MXF files off recovered P2 footage are divided
on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:50:20 pm

This thread might help you:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1137283

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Donald Warren
on Jul 7, 2011 at 3:31:33 am

Thank you so much for the help. I have requested the demo of the QT plug-in and have downloaded the MXF4Mac and Atomic Fusion. Am hoping this works. Will save me a lot of anguish and time.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 7, 2011 at 4:03:34 am

Write back when you get it working.

Return to posts index

Donald Warren
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:37:50 pm

Jeremy, thank you so much for pointing me to the thread about MXF4Mac and Atomic Fusion. It really worked! My recovered P2 files were a mess but Atomic Fusion let me import everything into Final Cut Pro with no hitches. It sorted out all the unstitched MXF files and let me see all my clips with no problem. The guys in Germany with MXF4Mac were great. Can't thank you enough.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 7, 2011 at 7:15:54 pm

Not a problem and glad it worked for you. I use MXF4mac all the time and love it.

Hope they can figure something out for FCPx!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

David Watson
on Dec 27, 2014 at 5:20:44 pm

Check the file sizes in each group. One will be much larger. I have guessed these to be the video and placed the others into the AUDIO folder. (My file recovery software put all files into one folder. I'm trying to sort the mfx files)
I still haven't gotten fcp to read the mfx sound and video files.
How did you do that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]