FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 FCP log and transfer "idle" problem on new MacPro

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shipherd Reed
P2 FCP log and transfer "idle" problem on new MacPro
on Jun 29, 2011 at 8:58:27 pm

I've been shooting with a new HPX170 and using Shane Ross' excellent P2 import method from his video with no problems in FCP 6.0 on an old G5 for the past two months.

Finally I was able to upgrade to a new MacPro computer running:
Mac Os 10.6.4
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
3GB 1066 MHz DDR3

I installed the "Final Cut Studio 2 Academic" (same as the old machine) with FCP 6.0 on the new machine, and used the same Log and Transfer method to bring in clips from P2 data folder on the drive as Shane taught me, but only about half the clips imported.

The other half of the clips seem to start the transfer process, then go "idle" and then show a "No Data" red stop sign symbol when I mouse over them. The clips that won't transfer will play in the L&T window just fine, and I successfully transferred those same clips using the same method on the old G5. I've searched all over the threads but can't find this problem.

I'm trying to transfer the P2 data from the folder I created on the internal drive (with Contents Folder and lastclip.txt file as always) The internal 1TB drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I have backed up the P2 data on another drive.

Thanks for any help!

Shipherd

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 FCP log and transfer "idle" problem on new MacPro
on Jun 29, 2011 at 9:39:32 pm

Turn off the "Remove duplicate frame/advanced pulldown" option it the L&T prefs.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shipherd Reed
on Jun 29, 2011 at 9:51:29 pm

Thanks Jeremy. I should have mentioned that I tried unchecking that box in the L&T Preferences drop down, alas no luck. The video is DVCPRO HD 720p60, since I realize that I did not mention that before. All suggestions welcome!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 30, 2011 at 2:48:08 am

Make sure your card folder names aren't too long, and that they also have only letters, numbers and underscores in the name. No other weird punctuation.

"P2Card_10" not "P2Card #10"

Return to posts index

Shipherd Reed
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:13:52 pm

Thanks again Jeremy, an excellent suggestion and I was very hopeful - I had the date with forward-slashes in the folder name - but it did not work.

Then I tried hooking up an external drive and changing the FCP System Settings to Capture on the external drive, but that did not work either.

I see many posts about "trash preferences" to solve FCP6 problems - do you think that could be an issue here?

Really appreciate the suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 30, 2011 at 5:38:21 pm

It never hurts.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shipherd Reed
on Jun 30, 2011 at 7:45:48 pm

Tried it, no luck, I'm stumped. I've Googled this all over, any other ideas where to look? Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 30, 2011 at 8:05:05 pm

Quit FCP, Trash your prefs, and then trash all of your caches as well. Thumbnail, waveform, OBJ and Prof.

Thumbnail/Waveform is in scratch disk, Obj and Prof is in the Final Cut User Data folder where the preferences are.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shipherd Reed
on Jun 30, 2011 at 9:20:23 pm

Damn! I was hoping that would work, had tried trash prefs but not thumbnail and waveform too. Found this thread on same problem:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1006674

Tried all those solutions, I've renamed, trashed prefs, used different same problem over and over, wonder what happened to folks who tried all and nothing worked. There has to be an answer.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]