FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 with proxy

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Rogers
P2 with proxy
on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:39:13 pm

Is there a way, or software out there where i can rename all associated clips on the P2 cards, we have added the Proxy encoder to our workflow, but really would like to not use the Alpha Numeric Names of the clips, any help would be appreciated.

Nathan Rogers
Production Coordinator/Sr. Creative Producer
WTXL-TV
Tallahassee, FL

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 with proxy
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:50:57 am

In which editor? Generally speaking it's best to rename within the NLE, while not messing with the original media name to preserve connections.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Nathan Rogers
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:47:15 pm

We are using final cut pro. From what I can tell there is no way to associate the Proxy files with the Final Cut files, and we are trying to use the proxies for archival purposes, if I am mistaken please let me know.

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 19, 2011 at 5:33:49 am

what's this proxy encoder you speak of. If you're talking about the proxies created by the camera- no they are not usable for anything in FCP. Don't make it harder than it needs to be- ingest your footage to DVCPROHD via the Log and transfer window and edit away.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 19, 2011 at 3:46:15 pm

Enter your Metadata in P2CMS save that to an SD card load that onto your P2 camera.
In FCP 7 Log and Transfer you can choose to use the clips name or any other custom naming you want.

If you also want proxies, check out ProxyMill from Imagine Products.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Nathan Rogers
on Jun 19, 2011 at 5:43:13 pm

Thanks, I will give it a shot tomorrow

Nathan Rogers
Producer
Snitly Carr Advertising