FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tape Door Again

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Tape Door Again
on Jun 17, 2011 at 7:03:47 pm

I appreciate the comments in my previous post about the problems I was having with the tape transport. I'm about to shoot an entire weeknd of seminars. I'll be shooting in SD, but my two 64 GB cards will only give me 9 hours of recording, and I need more. That's why the need for tape. I know this sounds silly, but is there some special way to open the tape door and transport? When I attempted this I made sure the media switch was switched over to tape, then turned on the camera, and then pushed the blue switch.

Only the door opens; the tape transport will not come up.

The oddest thing is that when I turn the camera off in order to switch back to P2 after attempting to open the tape transport, the camera won't turn back on. Wait five minutes, try again and it turns on.

Sounds like a defective something. What do you think? (Camera is less than a year old is extremely pampered, hardly ever used.)

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Tape Door Again
on Jun 18, 2011 at 3:15:05 am

If you need tape, I would rent another camera.

The other option is to bring a P2 wrangler on set to offload the P2 cards.

I wouldn't take the risk from your HVX-200.

After this job, send your camera in for repair.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 18, 2011 at 4:53:47 am

Get it serviced man...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 20, 2011 at 5:03:56 pm

Yeah, the unit will not function properly at ALL if the tape carriage is not functioning. Especially if there might be worn out or damaged parts. Best bet is to find a place that does free estimates if you dont want to spend too much initially but still need to get a diagnosis.

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]