FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX 200A Tape Door Won't Close

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
HVX 200A Tape Door Won't Close
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:22:39 pm

I've always shot on the P2 cards on my HVX 200A. But I thought I'd play around with shooting on tape. I moved the media switch from P2 to tape and used the little blue switch on the right to open the door. The outer door opened, but the tape transport won't pop out so I can load a tape. What's more, now the outer door won't shut. It's as if it's not lining up correctly.

In addition, now when I switch back to P2, the camera will not come on--and I know the batteries are charged, both of them that I have tried. If I wait about 5 minutes, then I can turn the camera on in P2 mode. But the outer tape door is still open and I can't close it.

I should also mention that the camera would not turn on when the media is switched to tape.

My main concern in the short term is to get that tape door closed. There's nothing blocking it. Please, help!

Return to posts index

Tom Prigge
Re: HVX 200A Tape Door Won't Close
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:38:14 pm

Addendum: Okay, I just heard the tape transport move and I got the door closed. Now I can open and shut the outer door, but I can't get the tape transport to come up. It came up once, I closed it, shut off the camera, turned it back on again, got the outer door open, but no tape transport.

Maybe I should just stick to P2 cards!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jun 17, 2011 at 4:37:40 am

I think the camera is telling you tape is dead. I agree stick with P2 cards.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:39:50 pm

ya, why bother, shoot SD to P2 if you want.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]