FORUMS: list search recent posts

ag-hvx200p 1394 disconnect prompt PP cs5

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Wilson
ag-hvx200p 1394 disconnect prompt PP cs5
on Jun 9, 2011 at 7:17:30 am

Help, please!

Here's my situation. I'm running premiere pro CS5, from the production bundle, on a windows 7 64 bit ultimate os. All drivers have been updated and the firmware on the P2 has been updated to 4.10. I have also updated all necessary software from Panasonic to ensure that the ag-hvx200p is compatible with windows 7. I am shooting 1080i/24p.

Here's my problem. Neither the capture from Premier Pro or from 'OnLocation' will control the camera. The capture window in PP says the camera is online in the DV/DHV device control setting, but in the main window it continues to say that the capture device is offline. When I am in 'OnLocation', the program recognizes the camera and will allow me to record streaming, but will not control the camera. The PC Mode setting on the camera is set for 1394 device. When I go to PC/Dub on the camera, I get a "1394 disconnect prompt." When I set the PC mode to USB device, it gives me the USB device connect prompt, but premiere pro doesn't even recognize the device as online in the DV/DHV device control setting. OnLocation doesn't recognize anything, not even the Panasonic video card. The computer recognizes the camera regardless of the USB or 1394 device.

I am perplexed, flabbergasted and in desperate need of an answer.

I have rolled back my 1394 device to "legacy" in the device manager settings. I've read everything I can find and have reinstalled everything, I have tried to capture using other programs - nothing. I have tried various settings combinations in PP,OnLocation in conjunction with the camera. At this point, I'm not sure if it's the camera, the software or if they're a married couple and are just having a vicious argument right now and neither one wants to understand the other.

Thanks for any and all help.

Return to posts index

Jon Barrie
Re: ag-hvx200p 1394 disconnect prompt PP cs5
on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:36:17 pm

There is the Other Functions PC Mode to USB and install the drivers from panasonic.

- JB

Jon Barrie
aJBprods
Jon's YouTube Tutorial Page
follow Jon with twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]