FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS-100 "Please Wait" Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Martin
FS-100 "Please Wait" Problem
on May 8, 2011 at 3:10:51 am

Hello,

I just recently came into possession of a Panasonic AG HVX-200AP and a FS-100 DVCPRO-HD. The camera works like a charm when recording to SD tapes and I've succesfully attached a Brevis DOF adapter and Nikon lenses, auxiliary boom mics etc.

The FS-100 on the other hand gives me a perpetual "Please Wait" message on startup. I can navigate the menus but to no avail. When I set it to DD Drive under the HDD Mode screen and connect via FW, my computer is unable to detect anything even though the FS read "success". I have seen previous footage shot to the FS-100 which leads to believe this is a software problem that has developed through bad settings.

Time isn't a major constraint but since I'm high school student, I'm unable to buy P2 cards (I"ve heard they're better) and need a way to record HD video soon. Another question is, is it possible to record directly from the HVX into an NLE's scratch disk? I.e. Use my mac as a FS-100?

Please advise on what I could do to fix the Focus FS-100 and if there are any cheap workarounds to my problem.

Thank you,
Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]