FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings for HPX170P Green Screen Shoot

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Pfeiffer
Settings for HPX170P Green Screen Shoot
on Apr 20, 2011 at 4:57:57 pm

Hello - my company just purchased a Panasonic HPX170p camera and we are doing a green screen shoot very soon. Almost every video we shoot will only be intended for web. I have been reading through Barry Green's book and plan to shoot at 1080i/24pa mode. Achieving the 'film look' isn't important to me but getting a great key is. Would I be better off shooting at 1080i/30p mode? We will eventually be exporting this video with an alpha channel to be used in a flash banner ad movie on our site. Are there any scene settings I should adjust to get a better key?

My second question is about the FCP AE workflow. I want to use the Keylight plugin that is available in the new AE CS5. If I do use 1080i/24pa mode use FCP to log and capture (making sure the 'Remove Advanced Pulldown and Duplicate Frames' box is checked in the log and transfer 'import preferences' box)... are there any special considerations to take when using the quicktime move files created through log and transfer in AE?

I have read that in AE i need to 'interpret footage' - is it necessary to do that if I've already removed the advanced pulldown and duplicate frames in FCP? If it is necessary to interpret footage in AE - what do I select from the 'remove pulldown' drop down?

Thanks so much for any help and sorry for all of the questions!

George Pfeiffer
Digital Video Producer
Pfeiffer Solutions
http://www.pfeiffersolutions.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Settings for HPX170P Green Screen Shoot
on Apr 22, 2011 at 10:11:45 pm

Why shoot 1080 and deal with the progressive segmented frames (aka interlacing) when you can shoot at 720 and get the real-deal complete, real-live frame?

Furthermore at 720, you can shoot at 29.97 and get smoother motion than you can at 23.976; not MUCH smoother, but a little smoother. And for more smoothness, shoot at 59.94 (aka 720 p 60).

Lots more frame rate options at 720 than at 1080, and they're all real-live frames.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]