FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Card corrupt...fix?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Saltzman
P2 Card corrupt...fix?
on Apr 18, 2011 at 8:56:40 pm

shot a short recently and while one of the P2 cards was being transfered a corrupt file message came up, the card was then formatted. The only folders that were copied over were CLIP and ICON. We downloaded an MXF transfer program so we could view the mxf files in the CLIP folder. The files say 1.7 gigs etc., we can watch the video, but it only plays 10-15 sec of the clip (without audio). Since the source file says 1.7 gigs, I am hoping that the information is there, but can't access it. I tried tricking the program by putting other folders from another card (audio, voice...etc.) in the contents folder, but it still wouldn't play on Final Cut 7....
any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated! In fact, if you knew how to fix this, I would be willing to pay to get this footage recovered...

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 Card corrupt...fix?
on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:53:49 pm

Have you tried using the repair clip function in your camera? that usually fixes problems- it's detailed in your manual.

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved