FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX-200 cable

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Weibley
HVX-200 cable
on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:10:05 am

What type of cable would I need to send a signal from an HVX 200 to a macbook pro? Just looking to use it as a monitor in certain situations.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HVX-200 cable
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:58:15 pm

Not sure what you're expecting- you have Component HD and a downconverted SD signal coming out. Neither will go into a MacBook Pro straight without an analog capture device such as a Matrox MXO. I'd recommend investing in a small video production monitor for this purpose instead. Much more suitable- proper color, gamma, etc. MBP is basically useless as a monitoring device. Ingest yes, monitoring no. Marshall makes some really cheap ones.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Andy Weibley
on Apr 13, 2011 at 7:34:41 pm

Thanks. Was thinking there was a way I could see camera output on it, at least via Final Cut Pro simply to see a larger image...not so much for color accuracy, etc.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 13, 2011 at 8:12:18 pm

Adobe On Location with allow you do to it via Firewire. I'll assume you don't have the Adobe Suite.

I would still recommend what Noah said. It's kinda hard lugging a computer around with your camera attached. Production monitor is very simple.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Scott Clelland
on Apr 16, 2011 at 5:05:28 pm

You can capture directly to Final Cut Pro using just a firewire cable, and this also allows you to get a preview. I don't have my macbook at the moment so I can't tell you the exact settings but it's pretty simple from what I remember.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]