FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 card debacle

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rand courtney
p2 card debacle
on Apr 11, 2011 at 8:17:48 pm

I have been using FCP for years and this is the first time I have experienced this problem with the log and transfer option.

I am importing footage taken from a panny HPX170 as usual into FCP 7 and it imported all of my footage except for two very important clips of which it gave the little red exclamation sign. I hit "retry" and nothing. I restarted and tried again, still the same error.

I had to free the space up on my P2 cards so I copied the raw data onto the same HD as my project file to try again later. Still... the same error. I am able to view the clip in the log and transfer window with audio and everything but it will not log and transfer the 2 files. It wont even tell me what the exact error is.

I osted here in a different forum and was told to try P2CM, that didnt work because everytime I tried to ingest the program crashed. Now I am being told that I can export the saved data back onto the P2 cards and repair them but I cant for the life of me find out exactly how to do this.

any help would be much appreciated.
rand

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: p2 card debacle
on Apr 11, 2011 at 9:58:48 pm

P2CMS will let you transfer the P2 Media back onto the cards. If you can get it working. Make sure you have the latest version or one that is compatible with your OS.
Once back on the card, put in cam. Choose repair clip.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

rand courtney
on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:00:49 pm

Thanks Chris -

Do you happen to have a link to the appropriate version? I searched for it on my own, downloaded and installed and it kept crashing. Maybe I found the wrong one or an old one....
rand

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:31:34 pm

Did you look here?

http://panasonic.sixbullets.net/

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 11, 2011 at 10:46:32 pm

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm

v1.4.9 is the latest. As I said on the other thread, you need to get the cards over via the finder/USB and see if you can repair the clips. If P2CMS is crashing, there's probably something pretty wrong with your files. You don't need to ingest the files, just see if they load, then see which ones are incomplete/not working.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]