FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 and Premier CS5 on a PC with Vista

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zack hill
P2 and Premier CS5 on a PC with Vista
on Mar 31, 2011 at 4:27:02 am

Hello, have a question or two :)
Just finished a shoot with three cameras for a client, two HVX200s and a HPX170.
The client is editing the media on a PC with Premier CS5.
I don't use Premier, but on my mac with the CS5 version, I was easily able to open, view and edit my clips straight from the contents folder.

The client says that the files seem corrupt, with major blotching going on across the video, which looks like the video is not supported. I wish I had a screenshot but I don't. The issue is that its not working for her. She has done her own research, and cannot come up with a solution, so I am posting here to see if anyone has experience with P2 and Premiere on a PC and can hopefully save me from transcoding 15 hours of video to another codec...

Question 02 would be, if I do have to transcode, any hints on a good codec to use for Premier? She asked for H.264 but I believe that she will have to render it and want to smake it as easy as possible once she has the media on her system.

Thanks in advance, and FYI, I am going to post this on the Premier forum as well,

Cheers
Zack Hill
http://www.zeechproductions.com
HVX200a
FCP on a Macbook Pro

Zack Hill
http://www.zeechproductions.com

Return to posts index

Philip Merten
Re: P2 and Premier CS5 on a PC with Vista
on Mar 31, 2011 at 1:19:40 pm

I believe Premiere CS5 is designed to run on Windows 7 64bit. Transcoding is not necessary on Premiere because it edits MXF files natively..

Return to posts index

Anthony Gutierrez
Re: P2 and Premier CS5 on a PC with Vista
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:44:19 pm

This is true.. I use CS5 with Windows 7 on Alienware with my HVX200 P2 Files.

Anthony Gutierrez
StickyFeet Studio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]