FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lens adaptor

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Gerber
Lens adaptor
on Mar 29, 2011 at 5:51:33 pm

Hi all,

New HVX200 user, what are you using to add lenses on this camera?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Scott Clelland
Re: Lens adaptor
on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:06:01 am

I used the RedRock M2 adapter whilst at film school with a series of prime lenses from a 35mm SLR camera and thought it gave a really nice and soft film look. I used my Nikon 18-135mm zoom lens from my DSLR also but this gave it a more dark and even distorted look. Maybe someone with more experience could elaborate on this.

I think they have updated to the M3 model now and it is still quite expensive to buy - but could be a worthy investment depending on what sort of stuff you are shooting.

They thing I did like was the ability to blend footage from the RedRock and standard lens on the HVX200 together in one project - fell free to check out a short film I made, where I shot different scenes using both:

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Anthony Gutierrez
Re: Lens adaptor
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:57:55 pm

I have the HVX200 with the Letus 35 Extreme/Nikon lense mount. I have 3 primes and a telephoto.. It too works well and adds a soft grain look.
You can also mix stock lense footage with adapted lense footage. I would make sure to check your adapter package THOROUGHLY as soon as you open the box. I got mine from B&H as a total production package... but i could hear the ground glass jiggling inside- they use some sort of cheap glue/adhesive.. needless to say it took about a month of "customer service" and "let me get you over to the manufacturer/distributor for further assistance". I missed several test shooting days that resulted in not being able to use the lenses on a short film.

Anthony Gutierrez
StickyFeet Studio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]