FORUMS: list search recent posts

grainy footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris iuliano
grainy footage
on Mar 19, 2011 at 12:42:07 am

So I shot some footage yesterday, it was indoors but with a lot of light coming in through the windows. I tried multiple shutter speeds and iris settings, but no matter what I did I still noticed some grain. not a huge amount but def noticeable on a large screen. I was on 720/24p at 60fps. I've been reading the manual and searching all the forums trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I just never seem to get that crisp HD footage.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: grainy footage
on Mar 19, 2011 at 4:04:46 pm

Your camera model?
What was the gain set at?
You need a lot of light.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

chris iuliano
on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:17:27 pm

hvx200. the gain was set to 0. it seemed to be enough light, alot of windows letting the sunlight in.

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
on Mar 19, 2011 at 11:55:05 pm

I think that it would help to know what camera you are using to find out about setting problems.

Return to posts index

chris iuliano
on Mar 20, 2011 at 5:19:46 am

im using the hvx200

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
on Mar 20, 2011 at 10:57:46 pm

Have you checked "gain" setting? in the manual, I think, on page 103, in the section about SW Mode screen.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:12:32 pm

Without A LOT of lighting, you'll have some grain, esp. in the blacks with a 1/3 CCD camera.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Peter Mackay
on Mar 20, 2011 at 6:19:53 pm

The HVX200 is a very noisy camera, even with a lot of light. The answer for me was "Neat Video" denoiser as a FCP plugin. There is also Red Giants Denoiser. Either of these plugins will remove all the grain from the image, use with caution tho, if you are too heavy handed the image can end up looking unnatural. But with practice you can get an amazing result. I can't do without them now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]