FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJ-PCD35 not showing P2 Cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John O'Neil
AJ-PCD35 not showing P2 Cards
on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:45:25 pm

We have a AJ-PCD35P P2 Memory Card Drive that is connected to one of our MacPro edit suites. We are using the PCIe connection

The Drive is always on and when the MacPro is turned on all the slot lights illuminate. However, on occasions, when we put a P2 card into the slots, they do not mount on the MacPro and we need to restart the MacPro with the cards in for them to mount.

We are running the latest drivers for the AJ-PDC35P and the MacPro is running 10.6.5

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?

Thanks

John

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: AJ-PCD35 not showing P2 Cards
on Mar 17, 2011 at 11:46:34 pm

While I don't have a pcd35, I will try and help as I've had other pcie readers and have a few suggestions.

If you put the card in another slot, will it mount?

Do the cards show up in disk utility unmounted where you can then mount them?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 18, 2011 at 1:36:20 am

Not sure if this will solve the problem. Go into your network settings and see if the device shows up (PCI Ethernet) in the left column. If it does, select the wheel next to the - and select make service inactive.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

John O'Neil
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:00:24 am

Steve

I will give it try the next time it happens. Today, the drive has been playing nicely with us - it must have known that I have written about it and decided to work

Thanks for the suggestion

Cheers

John

Return to posts index

John O'Neil
on Mar 18, 2011 at 4:59:19 am

When we try any of the 5 slots the card does not appear.

Of course today, the drive is playing nicely so the next time it happens I will check Disk Utility to see if they are coming up there

Thanks for the suggestion

Return to posts index

Dave Festa
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:33:53 pm

We are experiencing this same problem, I thought we were the only ones! I contacted Panasonic support about this issue several times and the main guy there says the problem is caused by the PCIE bus within the MAC computer. We have moved the reader over to other Mac stations with the same result, its weird sometimes it sees the card and other times it does not, but it always reads it after a restart of the Mac computer. We have even installed a program called jiggler on the Macs to see if this would keep the computer from going to sleep and sending info to that bus, like jiggling a mouse.
And that didnt work, I'm going to email Raj at Panasonic with more info on the subject to see if we can get any more answers from Apple and or Panasonic.

Return to posts index

Doug Perry
on Mar 20, 2011 at 12:40:20 pm

Yes, we have this issue everyday. A restart is the only way to get the drive working again.

Return to posts index

Camille Darley
on Oct 17, 2011 at 9:30:15 am

Any news on this issue? At my office, the pcd35 pci card is installed on our SAN metadata controller, it's really boring to restart it each time we have to load a P2 card...

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Stuaert
on Dec 3, 2012 at 1:57:16 pm

Hi Everybody,

Same problem with our MacPro and AJ-PCD35 with 10.6 and 10.8 but not with 10.5.8.

I have a dual boot 10.5.8 and 10.6. on our Macpro
The problem only arises in 10.6. never in 10.5.8. So I think it's probably problem's driver because the only things changing between the two configs is the OS.

I try the same AJ-PCD35 to a another MacPro with 10.8.2...same problem.
I think panasonic have to fix this...

Any suggestions are welcome...

Return to posts index

Samuel Small
on Apr 28, 2014 at 8:41:36 am

I've got variation of this problem. The AJ-PCD35P only will show and mount only one of the five cards. I can't mount all 5 at the same time. only one at a time. What to do? using a macbook pro running 10.7.5
Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]