FORUMS: list search recent posts

New HVX user

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris iuliano
New HVX user
on Mar 16, 2011 at 10:53:20 pm

I am a film student and new to the HVX200. I haven't had it long but need to shoot a student film in the next few weeks. I ask this to all of you with WAY more experience; what should I shoot in? 1080/24p, 1080/24pa, 720/24p/30p/60p? Which of these has the easiest workflow with final cut?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: New HVX user
on Mar 16, 2011 at 11:36:30 pm

720p 24PN is my choice. You get the most record time on the cards. But, it really all depends on how you are finishing...what your final output will be.

Hey, here's a tutorial on how to import tapeless media into FCP...including how to BACKUP THE FOOTAGE. Which is really important. This started with P2...but now encompasses most tapeless formats.

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

chris iuliano
on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:43:48 am

Thanks for your input. I actually have the firestore fs-100 so I use that instead of P2 cards (though I do have those too). For some reason when I try to shoot in PN mode it doesn't pick up audio. Also, since I use the firestore I usually set it to Quicktime since I edit in FCP, so I never use log and transfer, since its a .mov I just import into FCP. Should I be setting the firstore to P2? Is there a difference? Also, by any chance have you done any tutorials on hvx200 usage. Ive read through the book, but I'm much better with visual learning. Thanks again for the help.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 17, 2011 at 1:40:53 am

If you shoot 720/24pn, use a tripod. If you must pan or zoom, do it slowly.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 17, 2011 at 1:33:41 pm

To record audio in 24p you need to make sure your frame rate is set to 24 as you can shoot VFR in 24p and that does not record audio.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

chris iuliano
on Mar 24, 2011 at 10:29:32 pm

I have another question for you. I apologize for being a noob. I think I will be shooting my movie at 720/24p (using the fs-100 so that will be where its pn) but in 'scene file' what should the frame rate be set to? I know 24p is for 24 fps, so im confused how you can have it set to 720/24p but still be in 60 fps. Should i be changing the frame rate to 24 fps as well?

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Mar 25, 2011 at 10:41:06 am

It is in 24p mode that you have the option to shoot VFR. After selecting 720p/24 you would then (if you want) select a frame rate between 5 and 60. Variable Frame Rate.

If you want to shoot realtime/24p you then select the 24p frame rate.
Make sense?

Like Shane Mentioned, Use sticks and watch you movements and pans.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]