FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 version of AF 100

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Davis
P2 version of AF 100
on Mar 16, 2011 at 6:51:40 pm

Any word of a P2 version of the AF 100 .... oh yea with 4:2:2 and a full frame 35mm sensor?

Thanks,
Dan

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 version of AF 100
on Mar 17, 2011 at 1:42:37 am

As of today, no. Panasonic will show some new P2 and AVCHD cameras at NAB if a few weeks.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 18, 2011 at 5:18:23 am

Seems logical enough- have you got a ticket to Vegas yet???

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Dan Davis
on Mar 18, 2011 at 1:02:48 pm

Thanks guys .... I have a job down in Mexico the week of NAB I will be watching the Cow for any new info on gear coming out.

Cheers,
Dan

Return to posts index

Fredrik Brofalk
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:43:48 pm

So why a P2 slot? CanĀ“t the SDHC cards cope with a AVCINTRA50 or even 100 stream? So just update the camera with a better codec.
/Fredrik B

Return to posts index

Shannon Baker
on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:15:56 pm

I may sound like I work for Panasonic, but in my opinion, P2 is one of the most reliable recording formats out there. I wouldn't trust that type of information on an SD card. I've seen SD cards fail and have heard of more that have failed. I haven't heard of one P2 card failing. I'm sure someone has failed one somewhere, but we've never had a problem. I am totally with the original poster though...I would LOVE to see an AF-100 with P2 cards. I'm a pretty big fan of Panny, but I'll admit, I thought the move to AVCHD was a bit of a slap in the face to those that invested in P2. All I know is that the more accessories I buy for my canon, the harder its going to be to switch!

SB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]