FORUMS: list search recent posts

back-up P2 material

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Babbe de Thouars
back-up P2 material
on Mar 14, 2011 at 4:03:58 pm

Hi there,

I read lost of treads but haven't found my answer yet...
Have just started working with my AG-171 en P2 ecards.
I 'downloaded' the P2 cards through p2cms.
Here are my questions:

1: I want to make a back-up of my files on an other disk, but want to know what's the best way:

- tried looking for P2genie but can't find where i can buy it. And if anyone can tell me where tot get it, is it really reliable? read stories of people who copied through P2genie which didn't work.
- Is there an other way to 'copy' the files, apart form 'downloading' them again through P2cms (is taking too much time, especially since i haven't got a card-reader yet)

And I don't mean drag and drop: it's said that's nog very reliable. Wonder if the 'copy' way is reliable.
(am working on a Mac Pro 10.6)

2: Another thing I can't work out is how to get my old Powerbook G4 can read my cards. I've downloaded the P2-driver, but my mac still doesn't see any card. Do i have to update my camera first since I use the P2 E-series cards???

3: And what I also didn't found no answer to:
When I export my P2 card through P2cms, the lastclip-file is not being copied aswell. I need to do that manually. Is there a way to completely export the card WITH the lastclip-file?

4: And then i had a question about the root file. I was told that the first time you use p2cms you have to make a root file. What's the use of it? do you have to export all your files into the root file???

Well, lot's of questions... Hope anyone can help me out with them.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Babbe

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: back-up P2 material
on Mar 14, 2011 at 6:03:30 pm

[Babbe de Thouars] "- tried looking for P2genie but can't find where i can buy it"

LONG gone..discontinued.

[Babbe de Thouars] "- Is there an other way to 'copy' the files, apart form 'downloading' them again through P2cms (is taking too much time, especially since i haven't got a card-reader yet)"

YES! P2CMS, IMHO, sucks eggs. Horrid horrid application. I use Shotput Pro by imagineproducts.com. It it is fully automated and checks the backups to make sure they are done properly. And it works for ALL tapeless media, not just P2.

[Babbe de Thouars] "3: And what I also didn't found no answer to:
When I export my P2 card through P2cms, the lastclip-file is not being copied aswell. I need to do that manually. Is there a way to completely export the card WITH the lastclip-file?"

Use Shotput Pro. Or just manually do it. Here's a tutorial about the entire FCP workflow when it comes to tapeless...including P2: Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

[Babbe de Thouars] "2: Another thing I can't work out is how to get my old Powerbook G4 can read my cards. I've downloaded the P2-driver, but my mac still doesn't see any card. Do i have to update my camera first since I use the P2 E-series cards???"

You should just need to load the driver...but I haven't had to deal with the E-series cards yet. Hmmm, or does my partner. He uses my laptop for his 64GB cards. I think it works fine. Try reinstalling the driver.

[Babbe de Thouars] "4: And then i had a question about the root file. I was told that the first time you use p2cms you have to make a root file. What's the use of it? do you have to export all your files into the root file???"

No clue. P2CMS is garbage...useless. Other than installing a driver to allow you to look at the P2 MXF files natively...it stinks. IMHO.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]