FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting the AG-HPX170p to AG-HPX171E

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Maltais
Converting the AG-HPX170p to AG-HPX171E
on Mar 8, 2011 at 4:23:59 pm

Hello,

I am new here, so i apologize if this issue has already been addressed. I searched here but I didn't see anything pertaining to this issue.

The issue is that we have 2 factory modified HPX170p's that are set to PAL. Our company is looking to use this cameras for NTSC as well and after a quick google search I found this:

PAL/NTSC Switchabilty in HPX170p

So I've already contacted our distributor who is in turn going to contact Panasonic. As I am impatient, I would like to know if anyone here has ever heard of this upgrade and, if so, what their experience was with it. Are there any downsides to this upgrade? Is it still offered?

Thanks in advance,
David Maltais
inMotion DVS Inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Converting the AG-HPX170p to AG-HPX171E
on Mar 8, 2011 at 7:09:49 pm

When I had the 170 I inquired and got this back from panny:

The cost of 59.94/ 50Hz system frequency switchability function upgrade for AGHPX170P is $500.00 + tax + S/H (UPS 2nd day).
Upgrade is available ONLY to the end-user US customers who purchased camera sold by Panasonic Broadcast and Television Systems, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America or its Authorized Dealer, and registered camera on PASS registration website http://panasonic.biz/sav/pass_e.
Panasonic resale partners are not eligible for this upgrade.
Please be advised above optional upgrade irreversibly alters standard functionality of AGHPX170P camera.  
Therefore, it is required the owner of the camera signs acknowledgement form accepting conditions of the upgrade before upgrade is performed.
Please print attached form, sign and fax it back to 201-348-5200.
Upon receiving signed form we will schedule the upgrade of your AG-HPX170P camera.

Regards,
Panasonic Solutions Company
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
Technical Support Center (USA)
pbtscservice@us.panasonic.com

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Mar 8, 2011 at 7:17:39 pm

Hi,

So all you are trying to do is to set it back to NTSC? Go to the menus and find the System Frequency Choice. Choose 59.94HZ. Then the camera will tell you to turn it off and then turn it back on and it will reboot as 59.94.

Hope that answers the question,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Mar 9, 2011 at 5:07:43 am

I wish I could take advantage of it. Instead, I'll be using my HPX-500 on a week long shoot overseas in a month. I'm also going to miss NAB for the first time in 13 years. I hope this post doesn't jinx my upcoming job.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

David Maltais
on Mar 9, 2011 at 2:43:10 pm

I tried this and it seems to have done the trick. It switched all the recording formats from 25fps PAL based resolutions to 30fps NTSC based resolutions.

So thank you!

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]