FORUMS: list search recent posts

How much grain is acceptable?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
How much grain is acceptable?
on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:22:44 pm

I recently shot a commercial with HVX 200+letus extreme+Canon 50mm. It was all shot in DVCPRO50.

I find the grain in the footage very irritating. However i can't decide if its dslr hangover or if there is some actual noise in the footage.

How much grain is acceptable with a letus extreme. I know this could be subjective but any input would be greatly appreciated & i can post a screen grab if somebody wants to take a look.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Ed Ng
Re: How much grain is acceptable?
on Mar 4, 2011 at 5:03:56 am

Do you have a clip? Not just a screen grab.

I have an HPX 170 with the Brevis MP2 via Canon L Lens and do not see too much grain but for a commercial I would think your clients would like it clean.

Did you light up your scene or did you use gain.

Cheers

Ed

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
Re: How much grain is acceptable?
on Mar 7, 2011 at 7:41:19 pm

No I did not use any gain on the camera.

The scene was well lit. couple of 500W plus daylight(coming from window) plus ambient lights.

The client was happy with the final product, but i am not very happy with it.

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]