FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing file structure

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Wilson
Missing file structure
on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:11:35 pm

A company sent us a drive with un-transcoded p2 footage on it, and the geniuses didn't preserve the file structure. therefore FCP isn't recognizing the footage. Ive gone through and recreated quite a bit, but some of the folders I haven't been able to recreate. All the folders missing the INDEX.MIF file wont be accepted by FCP. Is there anyway I can recreate that file, or is there a way for me to get the footage in to FCP another way.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
Re: Missing file structure
on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:38:24 pm

I actually think I am wrong, I think may have been shot on a canon. But if you know....

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:52:08 pm

Can you read via L&T?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Matt Wilson
on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:23:27 pm

No. Its telling me it has an invalid file structure. Which I was able to fix on some but not folders that were missing a file called INDEX.MIF. And I found out this was shot with the canon not the HVX. What I ended up doing was getting a plugin that allows me to read MXF files in QT and FCP and I brought them into FCP and are exporting them 422 so that they will be less troublesome in FCP. I don't know what problems it could cause doing it this way or what the difference is doing it that way then with just going through log and transfer, but it seems to be working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]