FORUMS: list search recent posts

Card reader

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Card reader
on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:07:41 am

Hi there

If using the new-ish single card P2 reader from Pana that uses two USB ports,with a mac book pro Iam using up all my USB ports.

For copying to ext HDD then ofcourse I can use firewire.. but is it also ok to put a USB hub/splitter into one of the USB ports.. to use ext HDD with USB port..

Is this .. dangerous for down load.. and /or really slow the process down..?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
Re: Card reader
on Feb 11, 2011 at 12:59:33 pm

I wouldn't try as one USB is used by the reader as power source, the other for signal. I doubt very much that you are able to transfer data both ways simultaneously.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 11, 2011 at 1:45:12 pm

yeah so what Im saying is.. the power source USB.. instead of coming from the computer.. it comes from the mains.. the other USB is for data..??

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
on Feb 11, 2011 at 1:52:41 pm

One USB takes power from the computer to the reader (no other option), the other USB transfers the data one way. You should work with firewire to transfer the data to external hard disk..

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 11, 2011 at 2:06:01 pm

Ok.. but if one USB is from mains.. to the card reader.. the other is from the reader to the computer.. can not the other USB for the external HDD... ie Mac book pro with only 2 USB,s ?

Return to posts index

Jurgen Hoppe
on Feb 11, 2011 at 2:10:56 pm

The only option to receive power for the card reader is via USB connected to the computer, You have only 1 USB left for data transfer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]