FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 cards on BluRay Issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Savitch
P2 cards on BluRay Issues
on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:39:19 pm

Has anyone had problems storing/archiving P2 cards to BluRay?

Since we upgraded to Avid Media Composer 5, all our P2 cards on BluRay won't import. Well -- we can get MC5 to READ the cards on BluRay, but all the clips are digital garbage.

I have been assuming that the issue stems from the upgrade, since there were no problems before.

But now I'm wondering -- could these BluRay discs have become unstable? We've got about 10 of them -- all burned in the past year.

It seems strange that -- all of the sudden -- they ALL became unstable. But I thought I'd ask ....

Thank you!

-Lori

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 cards on BluRay Issues
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:09:26 pm

How about copying the cards OFF of the disks, then trying to access them?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lori Savitch
Re: P2 cards on BluRay Issues
on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:27:23 pm

Hi Shane ...

Thanks so much for your reply ...

I did copy the CONTENTS folder and "last clip" from BluRay to a SATA drive. At first, it didn't work - same issues as BluRay. Then, I downloaded Roxio Creator 2011 (updated for Windows 7.) I didn't think this would make a difference since I had been able to perfectly read and import Quicktime media on BluRay. But it DID make a difference (although I still don't know why!!)

So, now, I able to read and import the P2 media from the SATA drive - and I know that the data on the BluRay isn't corrupt. So that's good!!

Today's experiment: Burn the p2 media back onto a BluRay -- but this time, I'll put the CONTENTS folder and "last clip" into it's own folder, instead of burning them directly onto BluRay. I'm told that this might fix the problem.

Thanks again!

-Lori

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]