FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 format in camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
P2 format in camera
on Jan 7, 2011 at 2:28:31 pm

If one re formats a P2 card in camera.. after previously naming the card eg card 1.. will it delete that name given to the card..? and replace with a whole load of numbers..think I read somewhere it does..which would be a pain.. or has that changed with newer software?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: P2 format in camera
on Jan 7, 2011 at 4:21:13 pm

You mean the name that shows up on a computer's desktop when mounted- nope. All it does is zero out the data relating to the footage. The card's disk name doesn't change.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jan 7, 2011 at 11:54:55 pm

ok many thanks.. thats what I hoped..

I have a Nanoflash and Iam able to "re set" the file counter.. after each job.. so that a new job will start at file number 1.. not really a big deal.. but is there some way to do the same with say the new 3100 camera..?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jan 8, 2011 at 2:29:21 am

I believe so- that should be a setting you can pick in the menu. Not sure where as I don't have a camera in front of me.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jan 8, 2011 at 3:43:51 am

ok thanks for your time..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]