FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Video Sync after import

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Behr
Audio Video Sync after import
on Jan 4, 2011 at 9:42:03 pm

This was my first time using my HVX200 for HD purposes. I shot in 720p 30fps and everything looked fine in the camera. I used log and transfer to import the files into FCP and once imported the files looked ok until I played them back. At the top of the clip audio and video would be in sync but as the clip went on, the sync would drift farther and farther apart. I am completely lost, any help would be greatly appreciated! This is also my first time posting on Creativecow, please let me know if this thread would be better placed in a different area. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've seen others similar to this issue but none as bad. after 5 seconds of playback the audio is off by a whole second! and the clips play back out of sync whether in final cut or in finder.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio Video Sync after import
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:49:59 pm

In the LOG AND TRANSFER preferences, found in that sprocket drop down menu, there is the option to REMOVE PULLDOWN. Uncheck that.

REimport.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Behr
on Jan 6, 2011 at 1:23:06 am

That is also part of my problem, I was dumping the footage off the card then formating it and moving on to the next interview. Is there a way to "recreate" the pulldown that was removed? Im working with FCP 6 AE cs5. While scouring the internet I have now realized how important it is to back up the original P2 files before formating the card. :(

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 6, 2011 at 2:21:44 am

You didn't back up the card? You imported the footage as DVCPRO HD Quicktimes, then reformatted the card?

Oh dear. Well, you are in a pickle. A BIG pickle. You have to figure out how to fix these now...and I don't know what to suggest.

ALWAYS back up your original footage...those cards. THat is the FIRST THING you do. Before you do anything else. So that you can fix mistakes like this, or anything else that might come up.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]