FORUMS: list search recent posts

Going back to my roots questions for 720p or pn with 30fps

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
Going back to my roots questions for 720p or pn with 30fps
on Jan 1, 2011 at 1:09:47 am

I am going back and learning HD and FCP all over again to get everything right. I have a quagmire that keeps bugging me.

When I shoot in DVCPRO HD 720p or pn 30 or 24fps, I get the "do you want FCP to change the sequence to you clips settings" when I drop my first cut into the timeline.

I want to make sure I am not an idiot, but this is bugging me. My clips are 720x960 and is that why FCP3 is giving me the message? I was watching a tutorial and DVCPRO can't be converted through log and transfer. Do you guys just live with this, or do you find a way to convert the clips to a full 720x1280?

Is there something I am missing in the settings, of should I trash my preferences.

Again, this is driving me nuts and if I can get past this, all things should start to fall into place.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

sunny jhooty
Re: Going back to my roots questions for 720p or pn with 30fps
on Jan 1, 2011 at 9:15:00 am

your sequence settings will be 720x960 in FCP but when you export your timeline it will be exported as 720x1280

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 2, 2011 at 5:37:34 am

[Nelson May] "I get the "do you want FCP to change the sequence to you clips settings" when I drop my first cut into the timeline."
Why are you thinking this is a bad thing, that is what you want. Your Sequences settings simple do not match your footage and FCP is changing the sequence to match the footage. If you don't want to see this you need to start with the correct sequence settings.

Changing the camera to match your sequence makes no sense whats so ever. You shoot with the settings you want.

Also you have 720p OR on OR 30 and so on 720p is the resolution and the others are the framerate, there is no OR between the 720p and framerate the OR is for the framerates.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 3, 2011 at 9:06:52 pm

[Nelson May] " Do you guys just live with this, or do you find a way to convert the clips to a full 720x1280?"

There's no reason to convert to 1280x720, any more than there was a reason to convert DV Widescreen clips in NTSC-Land to 853x480 when everybody shot DV.
960x720 is just fine: it's the resolution used by DVCPro HD.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]