FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to repair a backed-up P2 clip on my external after losing power.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Patrick
Need to repair a backed-up P2 clip on my external after losing power.
on Dec 28, 2010 at 12:03:44 am

So last night I was wrapping up a near 24-hour timelaspse when I tripped over the power cord disconnecting it from the cam and killing the power.
I forgot that cutting power like that leaves the last clip recorded in limbo until going back to repair (loop)... repair is always greyed out for some reason.
Anyways, I backed-up the P2 card to a external, and fired up FCP, but when Log & Transfer saw my last clip as an unsupported format I remembered that I had to go back in-camera and easily repair the clip. So I did, and it worked.
I wanted to do a new back-up with the repaired time-lapse clip, but without the 8 or so other clips on the card that I didn't need. So, as my luck has it, I somehow managed to delete the timelapse clip on the P2 card in-camera.
I wasn't buggin that bad because I have it backed up on my external. What I can't seem to figure out is how to repair the time-lapse clip from my external drive.

My research has led me to download and restore from the P2CMS. However restore only works in database mode, and P2CMS won't allow me to install the clip to my new-formed database.

So I moved onto P2 Log Pro. However, it gave me an error message after I chose one of the two options for where to save the repaired clip. Went back tried the other option and got the same result.(I'm using demo mode, but it says I have 3 repairs to use in demo mode)

I know the clip is repairable. I did it in camera and watched it down. Just need to repair it from the back-up on my external.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Arthur Aldrich
Re: Need to repair a backed-up P2 clip on my external after losing power.
on Dec 28, 2010 at 1:03:30 am

Use P2 CMS and the export function to copy the clips back to the P2 card. They you can place the card back in the camera, and repair the clip.

-
Art Aldrich
OTEK TV
Leader, NJFCPUG
http://www.njfcpug.org
http://www.P2Pro.com

Return to posts index

Mike Patrick
Re: Need to repair a backed-up P2 clip on my external after losing power.
on Dec 28, 2010 at 2:54:18 am

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with P2CMS or this particular workflow. My first go at exporting was unsuccessful. In the Ingest window I loaded the contents of the P2 back-up from my external. Found the clip that needed in camera repair. Selected Export and got a message saying:

"The selected clip is off the subject of export... Cannot do the clip with incompleteness."

I tried ingesting a working clip to my database and exporting from there, but was told:

Writing to target is protected > No Privilege or read only

I have the HVX in 1394 Device Mode and the Protect tab on the P2 card if off.

Because I'm unfamiliar with the workflow, I'm sure I'm missing something. Can you hook me up with a quick step by step?

I'm on a MBP 2.8Ghz Intel running Leopard 10.5.8 with P2CMS version 1.4.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]