FORUMS: list search recent posts

AG-HVX200 Repair... Defective VTR Board...what to do next....

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewardondi Clinton
AG-HVX200 Repair... Defective VTR Board...what to do next....
on Dec 20, 2010 at 5:30:17 pm

Hello I have a Panasonic AG-HVX200 that has a defective VTR Board. At first I didnt know what was wrong with the camera till I sent it to Panasonic. I left the camera in my pelican case and the battery was still in it, I turned it off but it stayed on for several hours(of which I didnt know till after). I went to use it later and it was hot...

So I called Panasonic and they quoted me $1096.13 to replace the vtr board. I called them again to get the vtr board number (LOL) and they said they never give out that information.... I understand why now. They're in business to make money :) cool....

Their quote is out of my range for repair so I'm compelled to find the part number for the vtr board... buy it myself and pay a local camcorder repair person. Would you have an idea of the part number or reference number for the vtr board?

Or would you know of a repair business that doesnt charge you a arm and a leg for camera repair.

THank you kindly and Merry Christmas

Steward

Return to posts index

Stewardondi Clinton
Re: AG-HVX200 Repair... Defective VTR Board...what to do next....
on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:19:19 pm

Hello all here is an update..... I called Panasonic and spoke to a person who was kind enough to tell me the vtr boards that were available...

Here is the symptom... the camera will come on when the battery is inserted, the lcd and viewfinder will not come on in p2 mode, the zoom in and out works fine, I can switch from p2 to tape and it it will take 5 or so min then viewfinder and lcd slowly appears on.

these are the listings for the part numbers based on hermon electronics...
camera pc board- vep23655c Price: $1,170.9400 (I dont think it is this one based on price Panasonic quoted me to fix)

dcin pc board vep01971a Price: $11.5000
evf connect pc board vep29166a Price: $22.3300
lcd pcboard vep08346a Price: $145.2800
p2card vep03g92b Price: $513.6700

pcboard vep03g89d Price: $519.2700
pcboard w component vep03g92d Price: $520.9300

which one do you think it could be? thanks for your input

Return to posts index

Stewardondi Clinton
on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:39:47 pm

Update.... I'd like to say "Wisdom is Supreme therefore get wisdom".. So i found out the potential part numbers brought the situation before the Lord in prayer then went forward to call the ppl at the center in NJ. The guy remembered me from before and I told him I needed to find out specifically which vtr board had the problem.... how about he changed his stance and said He'd find out from the engineer tmw which part had the problem. Wow.... so I will stay vigilant with the help of the Lord to get this resolved the most cost effective way possible. I'll keep you posted.

Steward

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 21, 2010 at 3:40:43 pm

You will find your direct answer here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/support/

I highly suggest you take your camera to an authorized service center. You may think you're saving money in the short run. In the long run, your investment will take you further than you'll ever imagine.

Call Specialized Communications for a quote.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]