FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering Deleted P2 Files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Harty
Recovering Deleted P2 Files
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:04:18 pm

Hello,

I accidently deleted 2 folders of P2 content from a hard drive using backup software. I purchased Stellar Phoenix recovery software which scanned the drive and sees the two folders of P2 content. When it recovers the files it creates all the similar file structure, however it creates document.MXF files and not the Unix Executable.MXF files that can be opened in Log and Transfer.

The files are still on the drive, they have just been deleted from the file directory structure. Does any have any experience with this that can help me out?

Thanks, Drew Harty

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: covering Deleted P2 Files
on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:36:28 am

You can use a combination of Atomic Fusion and MXF4mac Qt Import. You pay for the latter.

Atomic Fusion will combine necessary mxf files and send them over to FCP. Then with QT import you will edit those mxf files natively.

Return to posts index

Drew Harty
on Dec 20, 2010 at 1:52:28 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I tried using P2CMS, and it also doesn't recognize and can't open the files Stellar Phoenix restored from the deleted folders.

Al the audio and video files are in their right folders and are approximately the right size, they have just been restored as file types that FCP and P2CMS doesn't recognize.

I don't quiet know how to ask this question, but is there something in the way that Atomic Fusion "sees" a file that the software will be able to recognize the data although it has wrong file type name?

Drew

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:45:21 pm

Can you post a screengrab of what the file looks like?

Return to posts index

Drew Harty
on Dec 20, 2010 at 3:36:46 pm

Here is a screen grab of the folder structure and file type Stellar Phoenix restored:

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 20, 2010 at 6:34:38 pm

Can you do me a favor and zip that exact file and upload it?

If you can't, I understand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]