FORUMS: list search recent posts

assistance with moving files via FW 400/800 with HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
assistance with moving files via FW 400/800 with HVX
on Nov 25, 2010 at 6:38:28 pm

I am getting errors and can't seem to get my HVX200 to transfer P2 data via the FW port directly to my MAC. I am really getting tired of using leopard on a boot disc with a duel adapter. For the time, I would like to let my 8 core suck it in.

First of all, I am going by the manual and can't get the MAC to see the HVX. I am using a 4 - 6 pin FW cable with a 400 to 800 adapter to get to my FW 800 port in my MAC. Could that be an issue?

Anyway, manuals sometimes miss things. Is there an article out there on how to set up the menus step by step? I just want a litmus test to make sure I am doing everything right.

I like P2 cards, but Snow Leopard and Duel made life a headache.

Thanks.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: assistance with moving files via FW 400/800 with HVX
on Nov 25, 2010 at 10:39:03 pm

[Nelson May] "I like P2 cards, but Snow Leopard and Duel made life a headache. "

It takes 2 minutes to reboot to a HD with 10.5 installed and then your transfer is about 4 or 5 times faster than going from the camera to a computer. If you do not want to spend any money and you already have this set up I would recommend you just do it. It is the fastest/cheapest way to get P2 cards copied to a HD. Just use it.

But as for the camera to a HD, there are no menus to go through on the camera or computer, it is a simple HD to HD transfer.

The cards show up or the don't show up. You should NEVER be going from the card in the camera to FCP Log and Transfer, or even the card anywhere to L&T, you should simple be doing a copy. Of course there are better ways with apps to copy the files but a finder copying should work fine. Since there is no real work being done by the computer using a MBP or a MacPro doesn't make any difference in speed. Using the camera does, and not in the good way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]