FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 & Reflecmedia, getting halo

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Santos
HVX200 & Reflecmedia, getting halo
on Nov 22, 2010 at 5:40:11 pm

We are monitoring the shots on my MBP using conduit live. After we set the WB, set the iris to ~2.4, set the intenstity on the litering to get a clean matte, all looks good. But after I log and transfer, all the footage that was clean live, has the halo. Is there something else to check while shooting?

1080/24pa

Regards

_Eric

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: HVX200 & Reflecmedia, getting halo
on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:55:18 pm

It sounds like your monitoring setup needs some work. Here is the document to help you minimize the halo: http://www.reflecmedia.com/files/downloads/15/1/HaloShadow.pdf

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Eric Santos
on Nov 22, 2010 at 9:12:59 pm

Thank you for the link. @Monitor setup, are you saying that even though we can get the halo to go away( using Conduit live with original image and the colorkeyed) it is still present on transfer mxfs, that our monitor setup is not accurate. Would it be better to use the hvx200 component into MX02 and use that to monitor, currently we were using the hvx200 firewire to MBP.

Regards

_Eric

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Nov 23, 2010 at 1:57:38 am

I'm not familiar with Conduit Live, but I would definitely go component out into a dedicated monitor --you need to make sure you are seeing what the camera is seeing, with no effects or processing applied.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]