FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX-200A viewfinder problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Kralik
HVX-200A viewfinder problem
on Nov 13, 2010 at 6:21:27 pm

I have what look like white squiggly phosphorescent marking inside the eyepiece just above the LCD. The LCD itself doesn't look damaged. I can move my eye & camera around a bit and can see below the glowing marks that the LCD isn't damaged, yet the white glow markings sit in/on the thin layer of glass protecting the LCD itself. I hope this makes sense. I can send a picture. It wasn't dropped, etc. What happened?

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: HVX-200A viewfinder problem
on Dec 13, 2010 at 11:42:23 am

I'd suspect melting if that layer is actually acrylic. Sunlight entering through the eyepiece will be focused on the surfaces inside and can melt plastics. I've had it happen very quickly on a camera. Could it be that?

Return to posts index

Andy Kralik
on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:08:12 pm

Thanks, but that's not it either. The white glowing marks look like they were spilled or leached out somewhere behind the protective glass on the upper right portion for the LCD. The LCD is intact and works fine otherwise. I've shown several guys now and everyone is baffled like I am. It's no problem though, I rarely use the viewfinder as it is. I always use a monitor. Here's a picture. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Andy Kralik
on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:14:08 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]