FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2CMS Audio Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Anderson
P2CMS Audio Problem
on Nov 13, 2010 at 2:17:35 am

Ok, i spent the earlier part of this week upgrading my 2008 MBP to Snow Leopard, FCS3 and replaced the hard drive only to find that my Dual Adaptor doesn't work any more and never will with Snow.

So today after a shoot, the latest version of P2CMS is playing back the audio in an odd way. It combines my recorded ch1 and ch2 audio to the left and plays some garbled sounds on the right.

The clips sound fine in the camera, sound fine inside FCP7 and sounds fine with an older version of P2CMS on another machine with leopard.
So is this another Snow Leopard issue? A P2CMS issue? Anyone else experience this?

It was recorded 720 30pn with the default fame rate.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: P2CMS Audio Problem
on Nov 13, 2010 at 2:55:29 am

If you have external Mics on 1 and 2 it pushes the internal camera mic to channels 3 and 4. When playing back P2CMS all 4 channels are mixed together.

If someone knows how to mux the internal Mic I would love to know.

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Nov 13, 2010 at 3:04:27 am

I would think it was that however it doesn't sound like the internal mic...it's totally out of sync. And like I mentioned, it sounds fine with ch1 left and ch2 right on my other machine with an older version of P2CMS and Leopard.

Is there maybe an audio track playback setting I'm missing?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

Wolf Austad
on Nov 14, 2010 at 8:22:17 am

I had the same problem. On two different computers. Sound is totally out of sync. Or more precisely part of the audio. Happened after upgrading to 1.4.8. So no clients in the room when looking at files in P2CMS... For now. ;-)

Aasulv Wolf Austad, fnf
Director of Photography
Los Angeles based

Return to posts index

Darren Clevenger
on Nov 30, 2010 at 7:01:44 pm

Has anyone found a fix for this? I've had the same trouble since upgrading to Snow Leopard. Audio that plays through channel 1 sounds like I'm scrubbing through it really quickly, then it goes silent though the audio meter seems to give me correct levels (if that audio still happened to be playing) even though it stopped playing audio after that quick scrub at the beginning.

Makes it sort of impossible to log and mark good shots when I can't hear what the people are saying.

Return to posts index

Chris Anderson
on Nov 30, 2010 at 10:21:44 pm

Hi Darren,

I was able to get P2CMS to work on Snow by downgrading it back to version 1.2.7

-Chris

Chris Anderson

Return to posts index

Darren Clevenger
on Dec 1, 2010 at 9:27:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll give that a shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]