FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX-200 P2 Clip Partial Import (FCP Log & Transfer)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Petros Kolyvas
HVX-200 P2 Clip Partial Import (FCP Log & Transfer)
on Nov 8, 2010 at 11:37:48 pm

I've got a clip, it's on a P2 Card as captured by the camera. In FCP's Log and Transfer window I can scrub through the whole clip.

However, when I try ti import it ("Add Selection to Queue" with "Automatic Transfer" on) it doesn't import the last 20 seconds or so. Clip is 720p60 and about 9mins and 35 seconds in length, but every time I try to import it, I get a clip that's 9mins and 13 seconds and I would like at least 10 of the missing seconds.

Log and Transfer in FCP appropriate shows only the semi-circle indicating the whole clip wasn't imported.

I put the card back in the camera and tried to repair the clip to no avail.

Several other clips across 3 32GB R-Series cards from this shoot are exhibiting this behaviour. Behaviour which, in 5 years of using P2, I've yet to see.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong or what I might be able to as an alternative?

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HVX-200 P2 Clip Partial Import (FCP Log & Transfer)
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:17:54 pm

Uncheck the "Remove duplicate frames" option in the L&T prefs (looks like a little gear) and try again.

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:35:18 pm

Hi Jeremy,

While I had to return the cards, thankfully I made a disk-image of each of the cards from that day's shoot so I was able to follow your instructions.

I'm not sure what happened (don't understand what went on except that when we were shooting the camera's battery died and it was switched - this was the next clip recorded) but your suggestion worked. Can I ask what I did wrong?

More importantly. Many many thanks.

All the best,
Petros

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:42:07 pm

[Petros Kolyvas] "Can I ask what I did wrong?"

By your explanation above, you did absolutely everything correctly, and nice job on the disk image creation. This seems to be some sort of "bug" or "feature" within FCP. Toggling that option sometimes fixes things. Nothing you did wrong at all.

When clips are recorded @ 720p 60 over 60, FCP seems to want to try and remove pulldown that's not there.

If you shot 24p over 60, FCP would remove the pulldown on the transfer process and leave you with 24p media, but the easiest thing to do is t just shoot 24pN in that case. Leaving the option unchecked for the most part is usually the better idea, until you need that option, then of course it's better to check it. :)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Nov 10, 2010 at 7:58:24 pm

Thanks Jeremy, I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge here. I will leave the option unchecked until it's required.

Much obliged.

Pk

--

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]