FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2CM error

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
P2CM error
on Nov 6, 2010 at 3:17:24 am

The guy I'm working with is having trouble opening up copies of the P2 Cards that I gave him. He is telling me that all the clips are coming up in P2CMS saying, "It is not play back. It was not play back because there was incompleteness in the clip."

Thumbnails all look good, no red Xs. I copied all the files over so I know the card structure is correct. The files were tested on my MBP. All my copies also work fine on both my systems.

He did install the DVCProHD Decoder on his system with FCP.

Any ideas

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2CM error
on Nov 6, 2010 at 4:47:08 am

All the clips? Every last one?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 6, 2010 at 9:04:28 am

all the ones he tried.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 6, 2010 at 1:49:38 pm

Hmm. That's a tough one. It seems to point to a greater problem. When installing P2CMS, Panasonic includes it's own DVCPRO HD decoder. Perhaps try telling them to reinstall p2cms.

If that doesn't work, I'd have them send the drive back and see if it works on your end.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 7, 2010 at 12:09:54 am

I did test the footage on his drive after copying the files over but not on his computer. We will be shooting in a couple of weeks and I will take some time to check it out. Trying to talk him through stuff is more trouble then it is worth.

Thanks for trying. Good to know about the P2CMS giving the DVCProHD codec, makes sense that it would be didn't know it did before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]