FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 DVCPRO HD Video Format

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Legere
P2 DVCPRO HD Video Format
on Nov 5, 2010 at 5:08:16 pm

This is a question regarding the Panasonic DVCPRO HD P2 camera. I am shooting 720/24pn and am curious as to why in the clip properties the V_Format is reading DV100_720/59.94p while my frame rate is reading 23.98p? Is there any way to change this? I have been messing around for days and haven't been able to figure it out. This is my first time working with a P2 and I just want to be proactive in trying to resolve any problems before they become a problem during or after shooting my project.

Thanks for any help out there !

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 DVCPRO HD Video Format
on Nov 5, 2010 at 6:04:08 pm

[Adam Legere] "I am shooting 720/24pn and am curious as to why in the clip properties the V_Format is reading DV100_720/59.94p while my frame rate is reading 23.98p? I"

Because the format was originally a tape based format. And was always 720p60...always ran at 59.94. But you could set a frame rate in the camera to flag the footage as 24 or 30...and then edit systems would remove the redundant frames when it imported...so import it as 23.98 or 29.97. Now, with P2, it can record ONLY 24fps, but it is still based on that 720p59.94 DVCPRO HD codec. it is just the codec type.

No problems. You're fine

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Adam Legere
Re: P2 DVCPRO HD Video Format
on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:10:59 pm

Thanks Shane, I appreciate the help !

-Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]