FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing clips on P2 cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sohrab Sandhu
Missing clips on P2 cards
on Oct 29, 2010 at 8:58:10 pm

I shot some footage on HVX-200 with P2 cards. It was all 720p60.

I brought the cards home, backed them up on my hard drive.( As data & as clips). Now that i have started editing the footage i found that 2 clips are missing from the footage.

Clips 77 & 78 are missing. Clips 76ZH and 79NH are very much there. 79NH says partial span but when i put 76 & 79 togehter on timeline their ends don't match up.

I thought i will do log & transfer again but there also the clips are missing.

There was no abrupt stoppage in recording so it can't be a damaged clip.

I dont' have the p2 cards available now. Any ideas guys?

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Missing clips on P2 cards
on Oct 30, 2010 at 2:50:24 pm

Clips never automatically disappear. When you do a finder transfer, it's possible that problems could arise.

To make sure you get a bit per bit data transfer, use ShotPut Pro and offload your cards. Always slide the card protector to on when doing the transfer.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]