FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Card

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Maciag
P2 Card
on Oct 26, 2010 at 9:07:58 pm

I am shooting with an HPX-170.
I am editing with a Quad G5 running OS X 10.4.11 and FCP 6.0.4 and a G5 running OS X 10.4.2 and FCP 5.
I shoot on a 16 GB P2 R Series card in standard definition, either DVC or DVC50 mode depending on how soon I can dump the card off and what I have to shoot.
I am looking into getting a 2nd P2 card. I am looking for some suggestions:
Should I go with a used P2 R Series card or for about the same price should I go with a brand new P2 E Series card? Obviously I want more space, and it would be nice to go with a 32 GB card, but I have been using the 16 GB and I might have to stick with the 16 GB for price reasons. I will of course keep my 16 GB R Series that I already have, so even with a 16 GB, I will double my space.
Any thoughts? Also, I am assuming that the E Series will still run on my older systems? I don't have the money to upgrade to a whole new computer system with FCS3.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 Card
on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:31:23 pm

I'd go with a newer E series. You can always use the higher capacity so go 32 GB if you can afford it.

Return to posts index

Thomas Miller
Re: P2 Card
on Oct 27, 2010 at 3:44:58 pm

I agree with Jeremy. We have both types and see no difference. They are both reliable. We have two 32's and 1 16Gb that we keep with our 170 and have yet to need more.

Tom Miller
Big Pictures Media
Denver, Colorado

http://www.BigPicturesMedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]