FORUMS: list search recent posts

mxf4mac

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
mxf4mac
on Oct 14, 2010 at 7:29:26 pm

I just installed this program (v2.3) and cannot figure it out. I watched Jeremy's video tutorial and I don't see any contextual menus available for the folders that content P2 content. All I seem to be able to do is pull in the video and audio folders but then the audio is not locked to the video.

What I really want to do is to bring in the P2 materials into Compressor and transcode it, which I thought this software could do. And of course I want the audio and video to be in the exported movie.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: mxf4mac
on Oct 14, 2010 at 7:43:00 pm

Yes, with Snow Leopard all contextual menus went away on the OS level.

Did you buy P2Flow as well, or just MXF Import?

If P2 flow, you can send the video/audio form there to either Compressor or FCP.

If not, then use Atomic Fusion (which is free from MXF4mac) to send the video/audio to FCP, and then you can export ref movies from there to Compressor.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:21:29 am

I actually won a copy of mxf import at NAB in 09, never registered it until now, so no P2Flow. I will check out Atomic Fusion, just it is either spend money or take a couple extra steps. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:41:28 pm

Atomic Fusion is free. No reason to spend money.

If you shoot p2 a lot, p2 Flow is well worth the dough.

If you need help, don't hesitate to write back. Mxf4mac has been the best thing to happen to FCP for p2 in a long while in my opinion.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 15, 2010 at 10:39:33 pm

My goal is to get the P2 clips into Compressor to make TC burn Proxy files for the Director to view, I would like to do this without going to FCP first. Can Atomic Fusion help with that? The Director/Producer is unwilling to spend the money on Proxy Mill which is perfect for the job. This is a collaborative effect so I have no desire to spend my own money since this is a project that I might get a paycheck from, at some point in time.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 16, 2010 at 12:58:29 am

Have to use Atomic Fusion first, then batch export ref files to compressor or Finder and use droplet.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 24, 2010 at 10:31:45 pm

Checkout ProxyMill. It costs, but if you need to make proxys all the time it might simplify your workflow.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]