FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing P2 material into FCP6

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesus Velazquez
Importing P2 material into FCP6
on Oct 13, 2010 at 9:04:28 pm

I recently shot both 1080i 60 and 720 24p and when I try to import the material using log and transfer in FCP, I get a red exclamation icon with "error - No Data" message.

I have downloaded the driver from Panasonic onto my quad-core. I have also copied all of my p2 material including the 'LASTCLIP.TXT' file onto a temporary drive, where I tell FCP to look for the material.

I have also un-checked the 'remove advanced pulldown and duplicate frames' option within import preferences.

I have played the clips in the camera, and each one of them play just fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Importing P2 material into FCP6
on Oct 14, 2010 at 2:40:29 am

Just another reason to use Shotput Pro to offload P2 cards.

Make sure you have the correct file structure. Folder with project name. Inside that folder, a Contents Folder (never touch any of the folders) and a Last Clip.txt file.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 14, 2010 at 7:41:48 am

Did you make a new folder, give that folder a unique name, then copy everything from the card TO that folder? Did you rename the CONTENTS file anything?

Here's the workflow for P2...

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jesus Velazquez
on Oct 14, 2010 at 11:08:20 pm

Never adjusted the file structure.

After watching the tutorial I noticed a couple of weird things.

One: When I go to preferences in the log and transfer window I don't get the drop box with the available codecs, such as the P2 AVC-Intra to proress 422 or any of the other options.

Two: I downloaded the p2 AVC-intra driver from panasonic, as well as p2CMS and used it to import from the cards and nothing. My files continue to become iddle once added to the queue in log and transfer. The progress bar from the queue also never makes any progress on the import.

Return to posts index

Jesus Velazquez
on Oct 14, 2010 at 11:01:31 pm

thanks for the info.
I didn't change any of the file structure. I also downloaded shotputpro and used it to import from the cards, it created the media and as I tried to use log and transfer same thing happend, nothing!

I noticed that as soon as I add a file to FCP's log and transfer Queue, the progress bar never gets going, and my files just become idle with the red exclamation mark.

I have downloaded the p2 drivers, even Panasonic's P2CMS and nothing. I think this is a final cut problem.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:03:38 am

Are you shooting AVCIntra? OK, do you have a MacPro or other INTEL based Mac? ANd what version of FCP are you using?

Shane

Return to posts index

Jesus Velazquez
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:13:23 am

im not really sure what AVCIntra is.
FCP 6
and running OS 10.6.4 2.8 Quad-core intel Xeon

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:34:39 am

It is a format of P2. There is DVCPRO HD P2, and AVCIntra P2. DVCPRO HD is anamorphic, and 8-bit. AVCintra is 10-bit and full raster. What camera did you shoot with?

Do you have FX Factory installed? Do you have Perian installed? Both can interfere with P2 import.

Do you have FCP pointed to a scratch drive with enough space for this import?

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]