FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX205 white balance / greenish hue?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Strauss
HVX205 white balance / greenish hue?
on Sep 21, 2010 at 3:46:47 pm

Hello everybody,
Please excuse my ignorance if this has been posted somewhere else. I can't seem to find anybody else with this problem. We just recently picked up an HVX205a, and I had a quick question about WB. Using stock everything, we've been experimenting with different ways of dialing in WB and for some reason, while there are changes between methods, we always get this slight greenish hue in all of our clips. Indoor and outdoor. I don't get it. I can color correct to get it looking great, but when I bypass the color corrector and see what I started with, it's pretty frustrating...I've tried toggling 3.2k / 5.6k and adjusting the color temp in the menu...and that seems to warm things up (at 5.6 and toggling color temp).

Anybody have any experience with this kind of issue?

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Best,
Lee

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HVX205 white balance / greenish hue?
on Sep 21, 2010 at 6:08:37 pm

Under what lighting and using what as a white balancing reference? Here's one thing to try to keep things consistent:

http://www.vortexmedia.com/WC1.html

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Lee Strauss
on Sep 22, 2010 at 9:31:27 pm

Thanks much Noah!
I did some research on those vortex warm cards and searched around this and other forums. I was able to find some great color data on what the shades actually are on the vortex cards. Amazingly close if not exact. I made my own cards and had them printed on card stock. They worked perfectly on my shoot today. Getting infinitely better results.

Appreciate the point in the right direction!

Best,
Lee

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 24, 2010 at 12:27:45 am

Just keep in mind card stock will fade over time so be careful to store in a light tight bag when you're not using it.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]