FORUMS: list search recent posts

No TC on HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert rooney
No TC on HVX200
on Sep 14, 2010 at 12:13:42 am

I just rented an HVX200 while mine is in the repair shop. I have TC set at REC RUN. The TC is displayed on the screen in record mode but when I import to FCP all clips start at 0:00:00;00. When I look at the thumbnails on the camera in MCR/VCR mode the clips all display o:00:00;00 as start time. Also the thumbnails all display a grey screen instead of a thumbnail of the clip, same is true in the FCP Log & Transfer window. Although when transfered to FCP, if I click thumbnail display in the Browser they display properly. I suspect this camera was last used as a second camera in a multi-camera shoot but I can't find the setting to change.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: No TC on HVX200
on Sep 14, 2010 at 3:22:20 pm

Um yeah that's what REC RUN does... You want to have different timecodes for each shot you want FREE RUN...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Sep 14, 2010 at 8:13:35 pm

we need to break the old tape habits. Free Run Time of Date is so much more useful.

Return to posts index

robert rooney
on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:28:14 am

ooops! Now I feel stoopid. But thanks for setting me right.

robert

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 15, 2010 at 2:05:44 pm

No. Rec run simply keeps continuous tc.

Sounds to me like you might have some demo software installed on your machine?

What about the file structure. Is eveything in place within the CONTENTS folder?

What format did you record?

Return to posts index

robert rooney
on Sep 16, 2010 at 1:10:41 am

Hi Jeremy,

I'm shooting 720PN. I set it to Free Run today as others had suggested but it's still starting every clip at 0:00:00;00 TC. The camera is a loner since mine's in the shop being repaired. The file structure seems fine but every clip displays as a grey screen in the thumbnail window. When i capture to FCP no problem with thumbnail displays but the clips all sort by clip number and I can't resort them by TC. On my record display the TC shows that it's running in both Rec Run or Free Run. It's just not happening to the clips once recorded. Is there a way to access clip meta data in FCP so I can sort them by other than clip names?

robert

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 16, 2010 at 1:17:03 am

Wait a minute...have you logged and transferred the footage?

Return to posts index

robert rooney
on Sep 16, 2010 at 2:37:09 am

Yes I had to to clear my cards. In Log and Transfer window I get the grey screen look but after the transfer I see the clips in my Browser. But styill have the TC issue.

robert

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 16, 2010 at 2:49:54 am

Did you log and transfer straight from the cards or did you back them up first?

Do me a favor, from one of the cards zip up the CLIPS folder and post it here by clicking the disk icon. It will be small.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]