FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Log and Transfer Wants Batch Capture

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Ward
P2 Log and Transfer Wants Batch Capture
on Sep 13, 2010 at 3:54:52 pm

Hey All,

So I am having a slight issue with trying to re-log and transfer after media managing a project. What I am trying to do/have done is I had a locked sequence with Proxy media created with FCP via log and transfer.

Now I have media managed the locked sequence with 2 second handles. Then what I am trying to do is I changed the p2 import settings to ProRes HQ for log and transfer. I then selected all the proxy media and chose 'batch capture' this launched both the Video Capture window and the Log and Transfer window telling me that my media came from mixed sources. For approximately 85% of my footage this worked perfectly, I pointed FCP back to where they P2 cards were originally dumped and where the proxies were made, it automatically sourced the shots I needed and processed them with handles to ProRes HQ. But...for aprox. 15% of the shots it left them offline thinking that they should be captured from a tape.

Any suggestions on why it may think some were from a tape? FCP even occasionally properly log and transferred shots from the same P2 card that it thinks also came from a tape. All of the proxy files were made the exact same way using FCP log and transfer in FCP 7

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 Log and Transfer Wants Batch Capture
on Sep 13, 2010 at 7:42:24 pm

Wow...interesting. Trash prefs and try again? You will have to reset your L&T prefs to ProRes HQ again.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved